Viking XC Runners take it Cross Country Did you know that cross country runners only touch the ground 25% of the time. That leaves them airborne 75% of the time, so if the race is 8km they’re actually flying for 6km! Now that you know that, I will tell you that a fine fleet of Augustana runners took flight over Crimson Ridge Golf Course in Sault St. Marie, Ontario on November 12. Full Story
Martin recognized as ACAC All-Conference Runner "Matt has continued to improve throughout his running career. He loves running, and enjoys doing the work needed to become successful. Always with a big smile, he runs hard on the trails and inspires people around him. This summer, he prepared more thoroughly for the running season, and it shows." Full Story
ACAC Cross-Country Running Championships, A Tale of a Great Venture At high noon on Friday, Oct. 28, the Vikings cross country team boarded their long boats to undertake a six hour voyage to the north to raid their rivals on the Wapiti Trails of Grand Prairie. They embarked on a worthy quest, and their opponents took notice. Viking co-chief Gerhard Lotz observed that "the Norman Kings quivered in their castles, the Trojans retreated to Rome, the Bears and the Wolves cowered in their lairs, the Cowboy teams ran for the hills, and the Thunder and Lightning were muted by Odin’s bolts.” A foggy Saturday morn would lay waste to hundreds of brave runners, ready to battle among the evergreens, up and down the trails and through the grassy fields. Full Story
A Viking never runs away from a little snow! The Augustana Cross Country Running team showed up with impressive numbers and took to snowy trails on Saturday, October 15, 2016. The last of 5 qualifying races for the Cross Country Running championships was hosted by the University of Alberta Augustana in Camrose. A total of 19 brave Augustana Vikings took to the Stony Creek Cross Country trails that just one day prior, received 6.6 mm of fresh white snow. On race day, the Vikings braved the cold with the weather sitting somewhere between a high of 9 degrees and a low of -1 degrees Celsius. Full Story
News Augustana Hosts Grand Prix #5
News Viking XC Runners take it Cross Country
News Martin recognized as ACAC All-Conference Runner
News ACAC Cross-Country Running Championships, A Tale of a Great Venture
News A Viking never runs away from a little snow!
No events to show.